May your crême brûlée contain raspberries inside and out. May you eat it in good company.
Tomorrow my mom and I are leaving for India for 10 days. I am bringing with me:
- 2 volumes of Proust
- the collected poems of Wallace Stevens
- a 920 page novel called Shantaram which my mom describes as "gripping"
- 21.6 hours of Harry Potter on my itunes (aka, the entire last book)
- an earphone splitter so mom and I can listen at once
- 2 balls of green wool for a hat
- 6 balls of burgundy silk-merino blend for a sweater on size 2 needles
- my current poetry manuscript
- very good intentions for writing a lot
- appetite for delicious Indian food
- absolutely no liquids or gels of any kind - they're not allowed at all in carry on going in to India, and we really don't want to check anything, (ok, I admit, I am going to try to smuggle one chap-stick) so when I arrive I may well be rather gross