Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Salad by Numbers: 41



INSTRUCTIONS:

41. Halve avocados and scoop out some but not all of their flesh. Roughly chop and toss with black beans, queso fresco, cilantro, chopped tomatillos and lime juice. Serve in the meaty avocado shells.

METHOD/INGREDIENT DETAILS:

Just followed the recipe.


MODIFICATIONS:

I did have to swap in ricotta salata since I couldn't find any queso freso, but it's pretty similar 


WOULD I MAKE IT AGAIN? IF SO, ANYTHING I'D CHANGE?

It didn't really fit inside the avocado shell (not surprisingly), but Caleb assured me that it looked fine spilling over onto the plate. Is it just me, or do tomatillos kind of taste like pluots? This was delicious and would make a great appetizer for a dinner party. 



NEXT UP: 7

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...